- 400g sliced lotus root
- 200g thinly sliced sweet potato
- Vegetable oil
- 5g galangal
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 small chilli
- 1/8 cup boiling water
- 3 Tbs vinegar
- 1 Tbs rice malt syrup
- ½ cup loose mint leaves, chopped
- Squeeze of lime
- Finely chop/mince galangal, garlic and chilli and cover with boiling water. Sit, covered for 5 minutes. Add remaining sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Pour 1 inch deep of oil in a medium pot and heat on high. Cook 4-6 lotus slices at a time until golden. Follow with the sweet potato, cooking just as the edges start to brown and the chips start to shrivel. Drain on paper towel.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and serve with dipping sauce.